Sunday 7 September 2008

Forced to the sea.

I got offered several volunteer jobs through the Institute. Two of the four jobs would be possible for me, well more or less.
One is an art exhibition invigilator, I would be leading people around a museum, tell them about the paintings, pretty much the job I always wanted to try out. Downside: every Saturday from October 1 to December 1. So no trips to London, no parties on Fridays, just work work work. On a volunteer basis.
The other one is shorter, but the problem coming with it is the timing. I am supposed to be in Weymouth at 5.30, I only finish school at 4.30, so there is pretty much no way to get there on time. Unless I call them and find out whether there's a way to work around it.
I really want to do the museum job. But two months worth of Saturdays? And not getting money for it? I don't know. I think I really have to call them and find out about it. Or drop them an email.
I'm torn. I know myself, I won't get my ass up and find a job here. My financial situation could be better, but it could also be a lot worse. So as long as I keep up with the translations I should be fine. I think if the job would be every other Saturday I would make it. Because this is just the kind of stuff I need on my CV.

No comments: