Monday 29 December 2008

Counting Down the Hours

Well, reminiscing entry? Rear-view mirror entry? hm. I should I guess.
but this time I'll do it the proper way.

A summary of 2008. A Sampler.

The Decemberists - Los Angeles I'm Yours
The year started off with yet another Decemberists concert, although I have to say that this song changed its meaning once I actually set foot in Los Angeles for the first time this summer. Either way, still one of my favourites of all time, not to speak of this year.

Oasis - She's Electric
Berlin Beach Camp 2008. My tent mate Marcello with his guitarr, the two of us sitting in the sand, horrible singers but still attracted two other guitarr players, one banjo, one tambourine and uncountable other singers. Unique memory, indescribable feeling.

Death Cab For Cutie - Marching Bands Of Manhatten

Sarah Barellis - Love Song
On the road somewhere around Los Angeles. And then again on the way to Three Rivers. And again in Redondo Beach. Also up in San Luis Obispo. And of course, while driving across the Golden Gate Bridge. This song basically follwed me around California.

CSS - Alala
Together with MGMT, a band I discovered in San Fransisco thanks to my host Gabe. Although I have to say I knew CSS before, tho never really got into them until I listened to their music on the way to Oakland.

MGMT - Kids
Me: What's that?
Gabe: MGMT, you'll like it. If not, we can change it.
Me: okay.
And I did like it.

Weezer - Troublemaker
Scene: in the passenger seat of Gabe's car, driving through Berkeley. Gabe showing this song to one of his friends. I discovered Weezer's red album a second time. First time being Pork and Beans while in Torrance, although this song didn't make it on the 2008 list.

Blonde Redhead - 23
Artsy band, it took me about two years to get into them, this song finally made me change my opinion. Also discovered in San Fransisco.

Kelly Clarkson - Addicted
Embarrassing? No. I like this song. And it did help me through a lot of stuff so far.

Death Cab For Cutie - I Will Possess Your Heart

KT Tunstall - Saving My Face

Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies)

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Cheated Hearts

Peter Bjoern And John - Up Against The Wall

No comments: