Thursday 4 December 2008

Love & Communication

It's Christmas in my room.

Either way, for the first time in years, I am excited about going home. And about Christmas. Which might stand in connection to going home, but it's a feeling I cannot recall having for a long time. Being excited about Christmas is different when you are a child. Everything you care for are the presents, the attention you are getting. Once you grow up you realise that Christmas is about other things. People who usually don't care for each other start paying attention to the other, only for one evening, only for a couple of hours. These times also mostly result in fights, at least that's how my Christmas always ends up. Sometimes it's better, sometimes it's worse. But the fight is programmed. Reasons might be the general fucked up family structure, but honestly I believe it's the pressure. Never is the whole family together except for Christmas. If you think about it, it's actually quite pathetic. My family consists of five people, including me, and we never manage to get together for another time than Christmas. Yeah, eventually we make it for some birthday, but that happens once every two years, if we're lucky (or unlucky, depending on how you see it).
This post is getting slightly off topic.

So back to art stuff.
I've been rescucitating my dawanda shop which resulted in some nice new work. I added some cards, a bookmark and some of the prints I've done at uni.
Route A choices are final now. It's going to be London Metropolitan as a backup, University of Westminster, London College of Communication and University of East London. All for a pure BA Photography course. Still undecided about Route B: either Camberwell or Glasgow, but I honstely have no idea. Might end up going to Glasgow again to get a better idea of living there.
But now back to my room and my mission for today: Find the blu-tack which has disappeared for some reason. And I really need it.

No comments: